Make an Outfit With Impact: Suit Pocket Handkerchief Chicago, IL. Etiquette and Trends
Set your outfit’s tone with a classy, unique pocket square fold. Like many other elements of dressed-up, black tie events, pocket folds come with their own set of rules, preferences and fashion trends that vary by region and time period. Read on to learn more about what you should know regarding men’s suit pocket square Chicago etiquette and trends this year (and beyond)
What are the hottest pocket square trends?
After a few years of neutral tones, we’re moving into an era where “anything goes” – so long as it suits your unique personality! Squares are done best when they add a pop of your personal taste to your ensemble, no matter how brash or bold you want to go. So, with this in mind, you can feel free to experiment. There aren’t really “rules” to break anymore. (Well, so far as trends go, anyway).
What are pocket square etiquette rules for wedding pocket square folds Chicago, IL?
Every region has their own societal “norms” and expectations. Pocket squares are no exception! Here are a few things to keep in mind for your pocket square wear experience.
- Don’t get too “matchy”: Doing this can present a monochromatic heaviness to your outfit, which can compromise the overall look.
- Stay true to you: While you can keep on top of the latest pattern trends, the most important consideration is to have your square reflect how you’re feeling or the unique theme of your outfit.
- Don’t be wrinkled: A wrinkled pocket square can completely detract from your outfit. Taking the time to iron, starch and properly fold your square can give you a sharper look and better wear experience.
- Stay folded: No one likes a floppy square. Folding your square cleans up the look and helps you to avoid looking disheveled when you arrive at your event.
- Don’t be ill-sized: While pocket squares are usually one-size-fits-all, some pockets may be shallower than others (or your square may be larger). Sizing appropriately can help you to avoid the dreaded “square droop” and bring an air of refreshment to any outfit choice. It’s worth taking the time to measure and fold.
Looking for help choosing the perfect pocket square for your ensemble? Connect with the team at Squareguard today. We look forward to assisting you.